Ditrău

The Roman Catholic church (Church Katalin), built between 1746-1757, is a monument; its interiors are decorated in Baroque style. The new Roman Catholic church was built in 1911 in a mix of Neo-Gothic and Eclectic style. With a capacity of 3000 people, this is the largest two-towered church in the Giurgeu Basin.

„The Tartar Mound, as it was later called, can still be seen on the site of the erstwhile battle to remind us of the heroic deeds and resourcefulness of Scribe Gabriel and the Gyergyó people.”

Posted in Legends, Ethnographic Legends, Area of Gheorgheni.