Ocland

An interesting feature of the beautifully adorned boarded ceiling of the Unitarian church is a board that illustrates the Copernican planetary system.

Orășeni

Historical records tell us that the villagers converted to Protestantism at the end of the sixteenth century. The present-day church dates from 1785 and was built in the place of an older church.

Crăciunel

During Reformation, the Catholic villagers converted to Unitarianism, along with their church. It is the only village in the Odorhei region where the late Romanesque-style sanctuary of the church has remained intact.

Cristuru Secuiesc

The town got its name after its church, which was erected in honor of the Holy Cross. At the same time, the name of the town also carries reference to a hill that rises above, Jesus Caller and its cross.

”Back in the days of the battles of the Holy War, in the valley of the Gagy stream, next to the river Big Küküllő, a few knights took roots. First they only used the place for resting, then slowly they built some houses, and before long a settlement was founded.”

Cădaciu Mare

In 1718 Cadaciu Mare became an independent village, along with Cadaciu Mic. The present-day church is believed to be standing over a late Gothic church, dating from the fifteenth or sixteenth centuries, but which must have been built over in 1837. Still, the tower of the church is medieval and was built from raw limestone. At present, the church is jointly used by parishioners from Cadaciu Mare and Cadaciu Mic.

Odorheiu Secuiesc

The Jesus Chapel is a registered church monument since 1992. Archaeological findings predominantly posit the construction of the chapel around the thirteenth century, which makes the chapel the oldest architectural monument in Odorheiu-Secuiesc. The Szekler-Attacked Fort was declared a monument in 1955. The ground plan of the fort is close to a regular square. With its main purpose as defense, the fort was reinforced with a gate tower, four bastions and two round bastions.

”A long time ago, when Szeklerland was in the hands of rabonbans, the province was protected by a chain of strong forts. The tallest of all was the fort atop Csicser, opposite Budvár mountain.”

Sânmartin

Its Baroque-style Roman Catholic church, surrounded by a defensive wall and four towers, was built between 1802-1817.

Sâncrăieni

The Roman Catholic church, built in the fifteenth century, features many architectural styles. Dacian gold objects from the Late Iron Age were discovered in a stone mine near the village in 1953. You can visit the area Borsáros natural Reservation too, which has 1 kilometer long and 50-200 meters wide wetland.

Vlăhiţa

The forge of Vlahita was built in 1836, but its oldest written record dates from 1591. It is the oldest forge of this kind in Central Europe.

”Close to Hargita Spa, there’s a saddle-shaped mountain range that used to be covered by a dense forest Big Woods. There are three crosses here, remembering three historic events.”

Băile Homorod

Of the six mineral water springs located in Homorod Spa, the most important ones are called Maria and Lobogó, respectively. In the area, visitors can ski and can practice horse-riding.